Automatic Conversation Insights for Quality Assurance: 5 Tips
June 10, 2016 Patrick Reynolds
Nothing is as important as the quality of services or products that you offer to your customers. It determines the level of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and your revenue. To monitor how you are doing with respect to quality, you need a set of standards, policies and procedures to be followed by everyone in the organization. When looking at process improvement models or performance initiatives, one should also ensure that there is a vehicle for constant testing and upgrading. The feedback loop, or closed loop process will enable identification of weaknesses and inconsistencies in the service delivery.
One of the best ways of monitoring and improving Quality Assurance (QA) is through conversation analytics, the study of call recordings and live phone calls. It combines language and audio processing to offer exceptional insights into customer sentiment and emotion. Simply put, it brings the human aspect into the analysis.
How can you use valuable conversation insights to improve your quality assurance? Here are five tips to get started.
- Remove Human Bias: Human bias is likely to occur during call scoring, which affects agent performance. Automating the quality monitoring process ensures that there is consistency and transparency in the process. The information gathered is accurate and can be acted upon to improve services. Elimination of human bias also ensures that the conversation insights gathered during analysis are also consistent.
- Organize Unstructured Data: The typical call center receives an overwhelming amount of raw daily data. Conversation analysis helps you to create connections and relationships from the unstructured data. Automation helps the QA team to dig deeper into the data and create a wider knowledge base into consumer behavior. The other departments will make better use of the information once it is in a structured format.
- Direct your Focus: Conversation insights give you a better understanding of your company performance, not just the individual agent’s performance. Customer insights reveal how they feel about your products, prices, policies and services. This vital sentiment directs your focus to what is most important to the customer and the business, such as employee engagement, customer satisfaction and business growth.
- Create a Fast Information Loop: For the conversation insights to bring change to your quality standards, you need to have a fast information loop. Gather feedback consistently to understand how the company is performing. Remember to test and review your feedback loops for speed and accuracy before settling on a process.
- Embrace Innovation: For real change to take place in your quality assurance program, you need to embrace innovation. Technology and innovation are at the core of automation. It starts with Big Data analysis, distilling insights and using them to improve your business processes. Innovation also influences your choice of metrics so that you can focus on measuring customer satisfaction levels, employee engagement levels and overall organization performance.
With automation, your QA team will work better and faster and given that they are the connectors between the staff, customers and the business, you will gain intimate knowledge about customer sentiments and company policies through conversation analytics. Consider these five tips to push your business forward and get the edge on the competition today.