Contact Center Essentials: 5 Keys to Success
June 08, 2016 Matt Rocco
Excellent customer service stems from a variety of components, such as a well-performing contact center. While smoothly operating call centers utilize specific elements that drive top-notch performance, few contact centers reach this level of service. With growing customer demands, businesses need to rethink which features empower successful customer service experiences.
Identifying and Meeting Customer Needs
In today’s data-intensive world, it is challenging to identify what matters most to customers. Call center success involves separating out distracting figures and facts to determine the measurements that mark success and ultimately enhance the client’s experience. Balancing quantitative and efficient contact center success metrics have a favorable effect on the customer experience. Here are the top five keys to ensure call center success.
- Technology: Call center technology is continually evolving, making it challenging to keep track of the latest market innovations. For instance, over 86 percent of today’s call centers are multichannel, from intelligent call-backs to universal queuing and voice biometrics. It is essential for call center success that metrics include web and mobile support. Also, nearly 60 percent of 25 to 34 year-old customers share poor customer experiences on social media.
- Key performance indicators: Analytics enable businesses to anticipate customer needs and exceed expectations. It supports reliability and efficiency and creates an improved customer experience. Likewise, automating call center processes reduce new agent training periods, eliminate extended hold times, enhance and optimize agent utilization, and present opportunities for up-selling. Performance and contact center success metrics are critical to overall business success. For instance, a one percent improvement in first call response results in an annual operational savings of over $275,000.
- Agent engagement: Employees who are engaged are 87 percent less likely to leave for another position than those who are disengaged. Empower and encourage employees to strive for success when engaged with customers. Enthusiasm, confidence, helpfulness, and a proactive approach will gain customer loyalty, satisfaction, and trust. Make employees aware of how their contribution has a positive impact on the overall success of the company.
- Ongoing training: Businesses can increase customer interaction success rates by training agents to resolve issues efficiently and respond appropriately to clients. A well-trained, educated, and informed agent will improve the first contact resolution and also reduce average handling time. Training is vital to ensure agents are aware of the expectations for handling customers. They need to understand how to personalize the interaction instead of just handing the call. After an agent is initially trained, follow-up training must take place.
- New Ideas: These should be measurable and influence the perception of the business positively among customers to ultimately improve revenues. This will help businesses deploy customer management strategies on empowering agents to implement new approaches. For instance, call-backs lower customer abandon rates by over 30 percent.
For call centers to deliver high-end services consistently, it must implement the tools to empower agents to provide outstanding customer service. These five keys to call center success will influence performance and move toward call center success. The result will be more than just customer satisfaction; it will also create customer and employee loyalty.