Etech Global Services is looking for skilled database administrators to work in our Nacogdoches and Lufkin, Texas contact centers. These are immediate openings! Help us fill the positions – please share the following job description with your friends and colleagues looking for a new position.
Who is Etech Global Services?
We’re the leading provider of intelligent sales, service and technology solutions specializing in inbound and outbound voice and live chat. We have locations across the US, India and Jamaica and provide support for some of the largest companies in the world. It’s our goal to make a remarkable difference in the lives of our clients, our people and within our communities. Come see what makes a job at Etech so much more than just a job!
|Job Title||:||Database Administrator|
|Location||:||1 opening–Lufkin, TX; 1 opening–Nacogdoches, TX|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues.
2. Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, and access method).
3. Establishes physical database parameters.
4. Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
5. Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by database.
6. Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
7. Specifies which users can access databases and what data user can access.
8. Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
9. Enters codes to create production database.
10. Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
11. Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to database management system.
12. Reviews and corrects programs.
13. Trains users.
14. Answers user questions.
15. Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to database.
16. Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Data System Framework, Microsoft SQL, Data Clustering, SAN environments, High Volume OLTP (Online Transaction Processing), Data Replication, Re-indexing.
Take data centric initiatives and follow through, be creative in assisting with data projects, work with teams to follow through on project deliverables.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to top management, Team Leaders, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid drivers’ license or other Government issued photo ID.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inside environmental conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: If qualification met, please submit resume and cover letter to Etech Texas, LLC, 1903 Berry Drive, Nacogdoches, TX 75964 ATTN: Veronica Ellison, VP of HR, Veronica.Ellison@etechtexas.com