Our team is growing – but we are not adding members just to fulfill requests. We are searching for individuals who are ready to be a part of the next big thing and are excited about growing with our company! Leadership is anxiously waiting to cultivate and develop your skills and prepare you for the career journey of a lifetime.
Our focus is to create lasting impressions with each customer interaction. Reflect on the times you have been the customer and you left your experience feeling satisfied, appreciated and valued. Simply put – these are the experiences you will use to deliver world class results to our customer base.
If you consider yourself to be a team player, goal oriented, and possess a passion for helping others; apply to become a part of the Etech Global Services Team.
Globally, we are over 3000 strong, and we are always searching for new team members which will offer fresh and innovative ideas and diverse approaches to everyday problem solving. Etech is governed by 12-character commitments: Integrity, Valuing People, Teamwork, Accountability, Communication, Vision, Adaptability, Humility, Creativity, Teachability, Positive Influence, and Courage. Together, these 12 commitments guide our workplace culture and set the tone for how we treat each other.
Visit us: www.etechgs.com
What We Offer
- Transportation allowance
- Canteen Subsidy
- Night Shift allowance as per process
- Schedule Attendance Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive components campaign wise
- Work Life Balance Initiatives
- Rewards & Recognition
- Internal movement through IJP
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepares new trainers to succeed in their jobs and ensures training classes run smoothly. Required to be available as needed per campaign/center and can be moved between campaigns/centers as needed to teach their team the art of being a trainer and a leader
- Training Leaders understand that the person they need to beat is themselves. Whether it be in their leadership capabilities, communication skills, or overall management of their team; Training Leaders strive to consistently out-do their previous attempts
- Training Leaders have to lead initiatives and projects across various departments in the company. This takes a mix of humility and boldness that ignites others to act
- Training Leaders not only need excellent verbal skills, but they also must be able to write clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Being an Training Leader means you can discern the costs of training and seek out ways to limit spending through efficient processes and quality curriculum
- Training Leaders are so in tune with the details, processes, and initiatives going on in their department; they have the ability to foresee potential issues. Once identified they proactively communicate with the necessary teams to fix before the predicament even occurs
- Directly supervises 1 to 15 trainers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Sales campaign products, features and benefits; Computer programs including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook; Training and sales techniques, Company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook; applicable campaign computer programs and procedures
- Train, supervise and evaluate class performance; evaluate trainee understanding and re-teach as necessary; Multi-task; Provide constructive feedback for the development of trainees and personnel; Establish and maintain effective relationship with peers across departments
What We Expect You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of Remarkable Coaching Certification
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents such as a project charter, financial reports (Agent payroll reports), and other applicable documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Training Leaders have to change plans at a moment’s notice and still excel at assignments while keeping a “will-do” attitude. They should showcase this attitude so well, that others want to emulate it and strive to achieve the same flexibility
- Leading a successful training team is about inspiring trainers to engage and motivate their classes in a way that allows learning to flourish
- Training Leaders want what is best for their employees and look for the best avenues for them to grow and prosper in their careers
- Training Leaders should consistently be on the lookout for ways to help not only their trainers, but other leaders as well. This ensures Etech is successful as a whole while embodying our goal for servant leadership
- We believe that employees don’t leave their jobs; they leave their managers. As a Training Leader, you should be on the lookout for potential attrition reasons on your team and your campaigns, and be able to come up with ways to combat these issues
- Training Leaders are proficient at compiling information from their trainers and summarizing it for clients, executives, and other leaders both within and outside the company
- An Training Leader must be able to take charge and effectively pilot a class, but should be able to admit mistakes and work well with different people and personalities
- Developing your trainers should be a passion that is shown everyday through the use of the Coaching Tactics. Daily you promote this environment of coaching amongst your team and work to cultivate it
- It is up to the Trainer to ensure their class is grasping the material and close any knowledge gaps as discovered. This is done through questioning techniques, hands-on activities, and classroom discussions
- Training Leaders should have the keen ability to see when there are gaps in training, write curriculum to address, and implement ongoing training to help the agents
- A strong leader trusts that their team is capable of being the experts and equips them to master their campaigns
- An Training Leader is consistently willing to offer and implement creative solutions. Instead of focusing on the problem, they work to fix it!
- Leaders at Etech should base all decisions and behaviors on the character commitments even when it isn’t easy to do. Training Leaders take this to the next level by teaching their team tips on how to epitomize these traits
- Training Leader sees the value in developing future leaders and realizes their leadership can leave a legacy. Because of this, Training Leaders work hard
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages