This technical opening is for Etech Technology Solutions, a group company of Etech Global Services. Etech provides software development services and product development solutions to companies globally.
||Help Desk Technician
||Etech Technology Solutions
||Help Desk Lead
Etech provides – Internal Help Desk Technician to provide phone, chat, email and direct IT support. Must be available some nights and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshooting all information technology issues, including software, hardware, and networking.
- Provision, deprovision, and audit access rights for all company resources.
- Assist in the management of Active Directory information, ensuring accuracy and regular updates.
- Install and update desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, networks, and related software.
- Assists end-users in resolving complex technical problems. Resolves and/or refers to highly complex technical problems as appropriate.
- Follows up with end-users to ensure that inquiries are resolved within established SLAs.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a ticketing system while maintaining historical records.
- Documents and maintains workflows utilized in successful issue resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes end-user problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce the need for help desk involvement and end-user effort.
- May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Mainly Tier 1, partly Tier 2 Support Level
- Working with a global team, providing Network-/Security Services on a high level of quality.
Key Performance Indicators / Measures Of Success:
- Service level agreements maintained at agreed upon levels.
- Internal satisfaction surveys.
- Minimized downtime on critical infrastructure, where results are controllable.
- Team player
- Flexible attitude, reliable
- Network maps and document writing
- Customer-friendly demeanor
- Networking fundamentals, mainly TCP/IP
- Windows and Mac OS hardware/software experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge, very knowledgeable with Excel in particular
- Active Directory management experience a plus, but not required.
- Virtual Machine deployment and management
- Wireless technologies and protocols know-how desirable
- VPN technologies (IPSec and SSL)
- Relevant technical certification are highly desirable
- At least a High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two or more years of technical training or equivalent experience
- One or more years of technical or customer support experience
- Experience with solving computer-related problems
- Experience working with company escalation policy
- Microsoft Office, A+, and Network+ certifications are beneficial, but not required
- Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members
- Communications skills
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills to mentor and provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Configure and administer a defined technology/system (e.g., Hardware, Operating Systems, Network, and middleware) in support of ongoing operations and projects.
- Manage incidents and requests for a defined technology environment
- Provide network specific technical expertise for the support of security network system
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly communicate either by speaking or listening. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and use their hands to handle or control. Occasionally, it may also include physical tasks that require substantial movements like reaching out for things. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.