||Human Resources Manager
Facilitates many of the basic HR operations including administering HR policies and procedures related to the on-boarding of employees, and archival of permanent records (employee, financial, and historically valuable documents) while insuring compliance with state and federal laws; Provides HR support to assigned center, working with Operations leadership on center-wide activities; Handles clerical tasks and oversight of front desk responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts new employee on-boarding including orientation and completion of new-hire paperwork. Prepares and uses required electronic and printed materials.
- Reviews new hire paperwork for accuracy, enters information into computer systems and payroll applications, follows up as needed, creates new employee files, and scans all appropriate documents to new files.
- Coordinates record corrections with various departments such as I.T., Training, Recruiting, HR, or team leaders as needed. Monitors and performs HR record keeping requirements that are campaign-specific and insures HR compliance
- Oversees the front desk, acting as the Receptionist including; answering a multi-line phone, transferring calls, sorting mail, greeting/welcoming visitors, vendors and clients, administering employment applications/testing, employment verifications, recording miscellaneous payroll deductions, ordering headsets and badges, routing forms to the proper departments.
- Facilitate leadership roadmap testing
- Assists Operations Director with communication between center and the property management and cleaning services.
- Post internal jobs, send out internal job posting announcements, and accept career forms for 201 file review
- Monitors and maintains employee records, including personnel files in soft and hard copy using consistent and uniform processes; Directs archival and retrieval of archived records including document descriptions and reference aids; Directs disposition of worthless/outdated materials in compliance with applicable laws.
- First point of contact for HR concerns including reasonable accommodation requests; As needed, provides guidance, referral to proper resources, and/or escalation to Operations Director or HR Director for resolution.
- Administer arrest notification forms
- Operate as the center back up for drug screening and criminal background checks
- Coordinates applicant completion of required pre-hire paperwork from the Recruiting Dept.
- Reviews disciplinary documents for accuracy and compliance with company policy and follow up when necessary.
- Develops and maintains a resource binder for policies and procedures relevant to this position in both electronic and hard copy.
- Coordinates planning and conducting center and community service activities including publicity, logistical details, pictures, and newsletter articles
- Evaluates and responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs, and directs them to appropriate resources for resolution.
- Completes various administrative and special projects as assigned consistent with skill set and knowledge to assist entire HR team. Examples may include conducting or compiling results of focus groups, administering sales coach testing, coordination of leader training, distributing information for Winning Culture Survey as well as others.
- May conduct exit interviews with employees and leaders
- Partners with center leadership to remain informed of hiring needs, job specifications and qualifications
- Builds relationships with various sources for community outreach service projects;
- Maintains confidentiality with HR issues and uses good judgment regularly.
- Acts as a role model at all times; adheres to high ethical standards.
- Is open and responsive to consistent coaching; takes an active role in performance planning and goal setting; participates in professional development and self-development activities
- Is consistently dependable in terms of work schedule and attendance, follow-through, meeting deadlines, and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Projects self and company positively by communicating/presenting information clearly and with a customer service focus both in person and via phone/email.
- Takes responsibility and initiative to develop core skills and competencies by being involved in every facet of personal development.
- Builds strong relationships with HR Manager/Director, other managers, team members and peers across departments.
- Is flexible in an environment by championing and embracing change.
None at this time
Applicable federal and state employment laws; Computer programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; payroll/employee systems; telephone system and its’ functions; copier/scanner/printer. Company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook and Leadership Manual; General knowledge of Human Resources.
Take initiative, demonstrate organizational skills, prioritize duties and re-prioritize as necessary in a changing environment, develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and across departments, communicate effectively in both oral and written form, clearly explain processes and policies, perform detailed tasks with accuracy, resolve conflict, use discretion, learn additional technology applications such as in-house payroll/employee system, successfully interface with clients (internal/external), understand customer service orientation, meet schedules and timelines regarding hiring practices.
Education And/Or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) from two-year college or minimum two years related experience and/or HR training. Previous HR management experience and/or current enrollment in study program for HR certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and use proper grammar with groups of customers or employees to present information and respond to questions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license or other Government issued ID.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inside environmental conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Go To Job Openings | Need assistance, send Email firstname.lastname@example.org