||Enterprise Technology Manager
The Network Administrator’s role is to support the stable operation of the in-house computer LAN/WAN network. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Monitor and test network performance for availability, utilization, throughput and latency, provide network performance statistics/reports and identify how performance can be improved.
- Develops, implements and performs periodic testing of disaster recovery procedures and processes.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Create, update and maintain Network Diagrams utilizing Microsoft Visio.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Consults with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives and standards.
- Installs and tests software upgrades. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with external customers and partners.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the Information Technology field.
- Experience working on Cisco Routers, Switches, Fortinet FortiGates and FortiSwitches.
- Working technical knowledge of dynamic routing methodology, including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, route redistribution between protocols and SDWAN.
- Working technical knowledge of Point to Point, VPN (IPSec and GRE) and MPLS concepts with practical application.
- VPN/Firewall hardware installation, management, configuration and troubleshooting in multi-platform environments.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/UDP protocols, IP Subnetting, SNMP, STP, VTP, QOS and VLAN’s.
- Knowledge of firewall technologies, best practices and configuration methods.
- Knowledge of Linux administration is a plus.
- On call availability for escalated problems and ability to telecommute via VPN.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Fortinet NSE4/NSE5/NSE7 certification is a plus.
- Verifiable experience managing a multisite corporate network.
Education And/Or Experience
Three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Preferred, Not Required)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP Cetrifciation
- Fortinet NS34, NS35, NS37