Our team is growing – but we are not adding members just to fulfill requests. We are searching for individuals who are ready to be a part of the next big thing and are excited about growing with our company! Leadership is anxiously waiting to cultivate and develop your skills and prepare you for the career journey of a lifetime.
Our focus is to create lasting impressions with each customer interaction. Reflect on the times you have been the customer and you left your experience feeling satisfied, appreciated and valued. Simply put – these are the experiences you will use to deliver world class results to our customer base.
If you consider yourself to be a team player, goal oriented, and possess a passion for helping others; apply to become a part of the Etech Global Services Team.
Globally, we are over 3000 strong, and we are always searching for new team members which will offer fresh and innovative ideas and diverse approaches to everyday problem solving. Etech is governed by 12-character commitments: Integrity, Valuing People, Teamwork, Accountability, Communication, Vision, Adaptability, Humility, Creativity, Teachability, Positive Influence, and Courage. Together, these 12 commitments guide our workplace culture and set the tone for how we treat each other.
Visit us: https://www.etechtechnologysolutions.com/career/
The Salesforce Administrator will help with ongoing development of our Salesforce.com deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using Salesforce. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our Professional Services org and processes in Salesforce.com.
What We Offer
- Transportation allowance
- Canteen Subsidy
- Night Shift allowance as per process
- Campaign Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive components campaign wise
- Work Life Balance Initiatives
- Rewards & Recognition
- Internal movement through IJP
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serve as a system administrator for Professional Services org, owning areas like Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and other products as necessary
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Help develop and configure new case handling processes in Service Cloud
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Help manage data feeds and other integrations
- Help with the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Work with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
What We Expect You To Have
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- +2 years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator specifically working on Service Cloud
- Salesforce.com certifications (Admin, Developer, Service Cloud Consultant…)
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment