Etech’s 12 Character Commitments: Part – 9
Over 12 years ago we made the decision to implement a new philosophy on leadership that supports our vision to make a remarkable difference for each other, our customers, and within our communities. Our goal was to inspire the Etech leadership team to embrace the challenge to conform our company to a servant-led organization. The pillars of Etech’s servant leadership culture are our 12 leadership commitments.
Those commitments are:
- Being a positive influence
- Valuing others
- Leading with integrity
- Leading with humility
- Leading with courage
- Being a team player
- Communicating well
- Holding yourself and others accountable
- Adapting to change
- Being a lifelong learner
- Being creative
- Embracing, living, and casting our vision
I encourage each of you to read, embrace, and self-evaluate.
Today I will address being a team player. At Etech, we define teamwork as being committed to working as a team to solve problems and resolve conflict. Below are some characteristics that great team members possess and some attributes that you should strive for.
- Come prepared both individually and as a member of the team. Great team players know their roles and prepare for them well.
- Bring positive energy to the workplace every day.
- Have a strong work ethic. Team players show up and bring their best, every single day.
- Aim to not only be coachable but have a strong desire to be coached and improve.
- Put the needs and goals of the team first. While individual contributions are very important, embrace that the contributions towards the team and the company are what matters.
- Authentically cheer on and encourage other teammates.
- Excellent team members challenge themselves every day to improve.
- Remain a positive influence despite any circumstances.
- Be willing to go the extra mile for the team or a teammate.
I hope this gives you some ideas on how to improve and be a better team player.
Until next time, may you continue to make a difference in the lives of the people you touch each day.