||Etech Technology Solutions (ETS)
||Assistant Director I.T.
The Network Administrator’s role is to support the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products. Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches.
- Maintain servers, including e-mail, Active Directory, and FTP.
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform on-site analyze, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Consults with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
- Installs and tests software upgrades. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Collects and analyzes network and memory utilization.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
Knowledge and Experience :
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the Information Technology field.
- Proven experience working on Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Working technical knowledge of routing methodology, including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- On call availability for escalated problems and ability to telecommute via VPN.
- Working technical knowledge of Point to Point, Frame Relay and MPLS concepts with practical application.
- VPN/Firewall hardware installation, management, configuration and troubleshooting in multi-platform environments.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/UDP protocols, IP Subnetting, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, and VLAN’s.
- Knowledge of firewall technologies, best practices and configuration methods.
- Some Travel for the company (less than 5%)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing Windows Enterprise Active Directory
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing Exchange Server or Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Linux administration is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification is a plus.
Education And/Or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to top management, Team Leaders, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license or other Government issued ID.
Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification (Preferred)
Microsoft MCSE (Preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly communicate either by speaking or listening. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and use their hands to handle or control. Occasionally, it may also include physical tasks that require substantial movements like reaching out for things. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.