10 Leadership Qualities of an Etech Leader
Etech’s vision – “To make a remarkable difference for our people, our customer and in our communities.” Our ability to make a remarkable difference rises or falls on the shoulders of our leadership team. Etech invests many hours and resources developing leaders with a desire to serve!
I recently read an article by Justin Tarte where he highlights 10 leadership qualities that all great leaders must possess. Below I have captured these qualities and how they apply at Etech today.
- An Etech leader will stand up for his/her teammates. They will praise and support in public, and will correct and advise in private.
- An Etech leader trusts you to do what you were hired to do. Without trust there is no relationship. A great leader hires well, ensures proper training and they encourages their team member to do what they were hired to do while coaching them up each and every day.
- An Etech leader knows lifting others up will be far more effective than tearing them down. They will value other by being consistent, approachable and supportive.
- An Etech leader makes you better and puts you in positions that align with your strengths. They make you better by including you and seeking your input and ideas.
- An Etech leader knows there is always something more to learn. They do not hesitate to say ‘I don’t know.’ An Etech leader knows that being teachable and a life-long learner is an important commitment.
- An Etech leader he/she doesn’t have to be right all the time. In fact, being wrong is a worthwhile and humbling experience great leaders don’t fear. A great leader focuses on winning the war, not on winning the battle.
- An Etech leader will never hold you back or prevent you from growing and developing. A great leader isn’t afraid of the success of others; a great leader takes pride in the success of others.
- An Etech leader isn’t afraid to make a decision when a decision needs to be made. A great leader doesn’t shy away from difficult situations, they learn from the opportunities that come out of difficult situations and capitalize on the moments.
- An Etech leader will have the courage to take risks. They will be creative but not reckless in their problem solving.
- An Etech leader is always looking for a person to replace them. A great leader isn’t just worried about the organization at present, but also in the future and beyond.
This is some great stuff from Mr. Tarte! It is important to know that leadership is not defined by a title. I consider each and every one of Etech’s 2,500+ team members a leader. Leadership is about influence, nothing more, nothing less. I challenge you to assess where you are with these 10 qualities and I encourage you to take the necessary steps to improve daily in each area.
This blog was written by Matt Rocco, President and General Manager at Etech Global Services. If you would like to learn more about joining the Etech team, visit our career section.