Top 10 Ways to Enhance Call Quality Monitoring
Without proper focus on quality monitoring best practices, it’s impossible to improve the efficiency of a contact center. The most important practices include those that link directly to ensuring customer satisfaction. First-call resolution has the greatest effect on a customer’s willingness to return to a company and recommend it to others. Call quality monitoring makes achieving ROI quicker and easier.
The Important Metric of Customer Satisfaction
The goal of quality monitoring is to identify the calls that fail to provide acceptable customer satisfaction and then determine the reasons. Once you figure out why customers aren’t satisfied, you can refine training and coaching, correct broken internal processes, bridge skills gaps or enhance workforce scheduling. The best way to achieve this is with call quality monitoring and evaluation. Here are some top tips that can help improve call quality monitoring in your call center.
1. Train, coach and monitor. Investing time and effort into training and coaching your agents enables and empowers them to improve their skills. The more effort you place on monitoring will ensure better customer service for your customers.
2. Assign quality ownership. When agents own a process, it can be calibrated to ensure effectiveness or improved and adapted to the changing needs of your business.
3. Set up a call quality forum. Ensure that all stakeholders agree on the criteria and reach consensus on what enhances call quality.
4. Reward best practice. Reward your staff for their high-quality work when you receive positive messages from customers.
5. Quality people ensure quality monitoring. Identify someone other than the supervisor to handle monitoring, training and evaluating. Then give them the resources to carry out methods to improve staff expertise.
6. Put information gathered to good use. Call quality monitoring provides valuable insight into how you are performing and what customers are experiencing. Use the information to further staff development.
7. You don’t have to commit to high-tech. Even basic monitoring is better than no monitoring. Start with simple activities, such as a spreadsheet that you manually complete.
8. Getting things right. Regular monitoring is an ideal method to maintain best practices and ensure that advisors get details right, such as greeting customers appropriately, adhering to the precise call structure and using positive phrases throughout the call.
9. Ensure that advisors understand the need for monitoring. Call quality monitoring shouldn’t be viewed as a negative activity. In the best contact centers, it is seen as an integral part of the skills program.
10. Provide feedback, support and more training. Feedback from the monitoring process should be objective, using a method of scoring and evaluation that is fair, consistent and regular. The most important thing is to provide support and further training when needed.
Customer satisfaction rates should have an impact on call quality monitoring practices. With innovations in technology and social media channels, customers expect faster responses and more attentive service.
Optimizing Your Call Monitoring Processes
With regular quality monitoring, you can eliminate bad habits before they spread among the advisors and to your other call centers. Setting realistic targets is the cornerstone of quality assurance. Achieving them will be motivating and help pave the way for other more ambitious goals. Regular monitoring, feedback support and training are all essential tools for maintaining your high-quality customer service.