Live Chat: From Humble beginnings to Revolutionary Growth
In the earlier days of e-commerce, the idea of being able to go online to a website and make a purchase from one’s own home, rather than going to a store, was quite astounding. Not only was this convenient in the sense that one could shop from their home, but to be able to shop with no sales pressure was also a welcomed change. Initially, the trade-off of customer service for convenience seemed fair and consumers were willing to forgo one for the other.
Soon however, e-commerce was no longer the novelty it once was, and along with a more experienced and savvy consumer base, had come the demand for better customer service online. As rumblings for better customer service got louder, a visionary group of call center managers began to answer those demands in the form of Live Chat software and support. Etech Global Services was at the forefront of this effort, pioneering live chat service and support that more than a decade later, has completely revolutionized the customer service industry.
In the early days I would often ask, “Can you imagine a potential customer entering your store and not having a sale clerk available to answer their questions, accessorize their items or walk them through the purchase if needed?” I could not but yet that is exactly what millions of eRetailers do each and every day.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits of Live Chat Services:
- Increased Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Increased Online Sales Conversions
- Detailed Analytics on close rates, sales per hour, average revenue and more
- Reduced costs in the contact center (less calls, more chats handled at once)
Did you know?
- 43% of consumers 18-39 find online chat preferable to talking on the phone
- Average wait time for a Chat to start is 3 seconds
- Average time an operator spends on a chat from start to finish is 6-12 minutes
- Satisfaction rates with Live Chat are 85-92%
We partner with our clients to deliver proactive live chat services that meet their revenue goals. Our clients who use Live Chat have seen the following results:
- 20% increase in Sales.
- 25% reduction in inbound call costs.
- 90%+ CSAT top two boxes on Customer Service Chats.
- 80%+ CSAT top two boxes on Sales Chats.
If you’ve been considering offering a Live Chat option on your website, contact Etech Global Services today. We can walk you through the process quickly and easily and put you on your way to reaping all the benefits Live Chat can offer.
This Blog entry was written by Matt Rocco, President and General Manager of Etech Global Services. If you would like to learn more about Etech and our contact center technology and service solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.